About The Position
Center for Civilians in Conflict is an international nonprofit with offices around the world working to improve protection for civilians caught in conflict zones. Our mission is to work with armed actors and civilians in conflict to develop and implement solutions to prevent, mitigate, and respond civilian harm. We are advocates who believe that no civilian caught in conflict should be ignored, and advisors who provide practical solutions to preventing and responding to civilian harm. Learn more at civiliansinconflict.org
The Accounting/Finance Associate will support all areas relating to financial reporting and accounting. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit support and the assistance with budget and forecast activities. This position will also support our field office staff to ensure that office financial management is consistent with headquarters and grant regulations.
Job Purpose: Provide financial and accounting support to CIVICs headquarters and local field offices
Location: Washington, DC
Reporting to: Manager, Finance and Accounting
Staff Reporting: N/A
- Review HQ accounts payable, enter expenses in accounting system, and prepare payments in ACH/wire system;
- Review staff reimbursements in Expensify expense reimbursement system;
- Review credit card expense reports and receipts submitted by cardholders on monthly basis;
- Maintain vendor information across accounting, cloud-based accounts payable system, and ACH/wire payment system;
- Review field office transactions and enter expenses into accounting system;
- Review, process, and record monthly payroll for field offices, including taxes and withholdings;
- Record accounts receivable transactions and cash receipts and ensure appropriate entry of revenue based on source and restrictions;
- Provide support during annual and project audits;
- Prepare 1099s for review by Sr. Manager, Finance and Accounting
- Communicate (both in verbal and written form) with vendors and banking contacts; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by Sr. Manager, Finance and Accounting.
- Minimum of 2 years non-profit accounting/finance experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, and financial reporting;
- Knowledge of working with international NGOs (INGO) preferred;
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English;
- Must be able to keep CIVIC matters strictly confidential;
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent Microsoft Office and accounting software skills; and
- Knowledge of MIP is preferred
CIVIC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to include excellent health benefits (medical, vision and dental), life insurance, a 403b retirement savings plan with employer-matched contributions (up to 5% of salary), and paid leave plus twelve paid holidays (including the day after Thanksgiving and the days between Christmas and New Year’s Day).
Resumes are reviewed on a rolling basis so please apply early.