Iraq: Operations Officer, Erbil
About The Position
Operations Officer - Iraq
Center for Civilians in Conflict’s mission is to improve protection for civilians caught in conflicts around the world. We call on and advise international organizations, governments, militaries, and armed non-state actors to adopt and implement policies, tools, and training to prevent civilian harm. When civilians are harmed we advocate for the provision of amends and post-harm assistance. We bring the voices of civilians themselves to those making decisions affecting their lives.
The Operation Officer works with the country operation Manager to ensure that the daily operation activities and responsibilities for CIVICs Iraq-based project field offices are managed, that includes: finances, facilities, human resources and benefits, risk mitigation, record keeping and contracting. This position requires independence, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and the ability to anticipate needs and respond to staff inquiries on a broad range of subjects.
Job Purpose: Provide office, human resource and financial management of CIVIC’s satellite project office in Erbil, Iraq.
Location: Erbil, Iraq
Travel: Up to 30% required (must be comfortable traveling to/from Baghdad)
Reporting to: Country Operation Manager(COM), Iraq
Staff Reporting: N/A
· Manage physical and liaise for Erbil office;
· Maintain Erbil office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement;
· Control correspondence including fax and mail dissemination in Erbil office;
· Support COM to serve as overall first point of contact for Erbil staff with technical issues;
· Trouble shoot technical glitches including internet, phones, printers, network etc.; and
· Send all the request for furniture, equipment, and supplies to the COM to get pre-approval before purchasing or maintaining.
· Support the COM in coordination and processing all staff reimbursements;
· Support the COM in communication (both in verbal and written form) with vendors and banking contacts- specially in KRG;
· Tracking of CIVIC assets (technology, equipment, etc.) in Erbil office;
· Prepare appropriate financial schedules and reports as requested by COM;
· Support COM to reconcile monthly bank statements;
· Prepare and submit any necessary Iraq-specific tax forms and payments in KRG; and
· Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by COM.
· Support COM to manage new hire employment certification, benefit sign up and other paperwork for staff and local consultants issued from Erbil office;
· Proactively monitor staff needs with regard to insurance, withholding adjustments, travel advances, etc. (as necessary);
· Prepare contracts and additional paperwork for consultants in Erbil office;
· Monitor consultancies to ensure prompt payment of fees; and
· Support COM to manage the end of contracts and off boarding requirement for Erbil employees.
· Support the COM to the arrange staff travel with regard to security; and
· Monitor Erbil staff during travel, including local news reports, security alerts, and regular check-ins.
· Ensure that all original documents will be sent to COM monthly base; and
· Ensure that all required documents are scanned and archived in Ebril office on a monthly base.
· Minimum of 3 years office management and bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, human resources, facilities management, payroll, general ledger and financial reports;
· Experience with international NGOs (INGO) and donors;
· Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism;
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English;
· Must be able to keep CIVIC matters strictly confidential;
· Must have good interpersonal skills; and
· Strong experience in the use of Microsoft Office suite and other commonly used software and business applications.
Position is contingent upon donor funding.
Resumes are reviewed on a rolling basis so please apply early.