Event Organizer Consultancy: Dubai, UAE (Short-term)
About The Position
Organization Description: Center for Civilians in Conflict’s (CIVIC) mission is to improve protection for civilians caught in conflicts around the world. We call on and advise international organizations, governments, militaries, and armed non-state actors to adopt and implement policies, tools, and training to prevent civilian harm. When civilians are harmed we advocate for the provision of amends and post-harm assistance. We bring the voices of civilians themselves to those making decisions affecting their lives.
Job Purpose: Organize a multi-day event for CIVIC regional Middle East / North Africa (MENA) and South Asia staff and other key meeting participants, including high-level officials from Afghanistan and Iraq
Location: Dubai, UAE
Travel: Local travel within Dubai as required to organize event
Reporting To: Program Officer, MENA/South Asia
- Manage competitive venue and hotel selection processes;
- Lead contract negotiations and logistics with selected venue, including arrangements for meeting space, food, beverages, audio-visual support services, and translation services in Arabic and Dari;
- Book hotel rooms in coordination with CIVIC HQ and field office staff;
- Liaise with relevant government ministries to facilitate necessary approvals and visas for event activities;
- Provide necessary travel assistance to CIVIC staff and meeting participants including air and ground travel;
- Work alongside CIVIC staff to draft and print event materials as required;
- Provide other required logistical support to CIVIC staff and meeting participants before, during, and immediately after the event.
This is an immediate hire. Only finalists will be contacted.
- 3 or more years of experience in event planning, management, and execution;
- Familiarity with hotel and event space options in Dubai;
- Experience engaging with government ministries in the UAE;
- Well organized and able to adapt to complex business needs;
- Comfortable with various communications and file management software, able to adapt to new technologies quickly;
- Excellent verbal communicator with strong writing skills.
- B.A. required; MA preferred.
- Strong computer software (Microsoft Suite) and hardware skills relevant to event management and planning;
- Physically located and legally eligible to work in the United Arab Emirates (Dubai);
- Fluency in English and Arabic mandatory.