Finance Associate - Kabul
About The Position
The Center for Civilians in Conflict (CIVIC) is working toward a world where parties to armed conflicts recognize the dignity and rights of civilian, prevent civilian harm, protect civilians caught in conflict, and amend harm. CIVIC’s mission is to work with armed actors and civilians in conflict to develop and implement solutions to prevent, mitigate, and respond to civilian harm.
CIVIC began operating in Afghanistan in 2003, raising concerns with international forces about civilian casualties. CIVIC is undertaking training of trainers (TOT) of Afghan forces on civilian harm mitigation. It is also engaged in community-based protection and have catalyzed gender-inclusive community leaders and NGOs and built their capacity to engage government forces and armed opposition groups to reduce civilian harm. CIVIC is operating in Baghlan, Herat, Kabul, Kandahar, Kunduz, and Mazar-i-Sharif.
About the Position:
CIVIC is looking for a highly motivated Finance Associate based in Kabul, Afghanistan who will be an integral part of the CIVIC country operations team.
The Finance Associate will support the Country Operation Manager in financial reporting, payment processing, and accounting. This position addresses accounting activities including financial reporting, reporting to Ministry of Economy, reporitng to Ministry of Finance and assist with budget and forecast activities. This position will also support our staff in provincial offices to ensure that office financial management is consistent with grant regulations. This position requires independence, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and the ability to anticipate, think logically, and follow a process through completion with minimal supervision.
The Finance Associate reports to the Afghanistan Country Operation Manager and works closely with other staff members in Afghanistan and at HQ.
JOB PURPOSE: Provide financial and accounting support to CIVICs Kabul and provincial offices
LOCATION: Kabul, Afghanistan.
TRAVEL: As needed throughout the country.
REPORTING TO: Country Operations Manager, Afghanistan.
· Ability to meet short- to medium-term objectives and complete tasks on a deadline;
· Uses professional judgement, with regular guidance from supervisor;
· Experience delivering results and multitasking in conflict and/or high-stress environments; demonstrates poise, flexibility, and mature judgement in these environments;
· Experience having worked with a high-performance, collaborative, constructive team environment;
- Ability to travel within Afghanistan;
· Well organized, self-motivated, and able to conceptualize and implement tasks in stressful environments;
· BA in business administration, economic or any other related area.
· Two to five years of relevant work experience at a national and/or international organization(s).
· Passion for CIVIC’s subject matter and willingness to take on the responsibilities and duties as a key member of our team;
· Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally, and in writing in English.
· Must be able to keep CIVIC matters strictly confidential.
· Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
· Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
· Fluency in English, Dari, and Pashto written and spoken mandatory.