Program Manager, MENA/South Asia
About The Position
Center for Civilians in Conflict is an international nonprofit with offices around the world working to improve protection for civilians caught in conflict zones. Our mission is to work with armed actors and civilians in conflict to develop and implement solutions to prevent, mitigate, and respond civilian harm. We are advocates who believe that no civilian caught in conflict should be ignored, and advisors who provide practical solutions to preventing and responding to civilian harm. Learn more at civiliansinconflict.org.
The Program Manager will be a highly valued member of the program team and will be responsible for day-to-day programmatic management of the MENA portfolio, including grant compliance, budgeting and financial management, monitoring and evaluation, and donor reporting.
Job Purpose: Manage the MENA program portfolio
Location: Washington, DC
Travel: Up to 25% required (domestic and international)
Reporting to: Director, MENA & South Asia
Under the direction of the Director, MENA & South Asia the Program Manager is responsible for the following:
Program and Performance Management
· Provide overall program management support for all MENA and South Asia programs.
· Maintain direct communication with the program and operations teams, and serve as a resource and mentor for in-country teams on all aspects of program management;
· Help communicate and translate needs and expectations between headquarters and in-country staff on program management requirements, deadlines, tasks, templates, etc.;
· Support implementation of activities, including program-specific requirements, budget oversight, and cost estimates;
· Recommend priorities for budgeted funds given program-specific objectives and progress toward results;
· Draft documents required for activity approval (scopes of work, program modifications, cost and no-cost extension requests, estimated budgets, etc.);
· Review current pipelines, accrued expenditures, and analyze programed funding requirements, based on estimated costs and on spending rates of committed funds;
· Oversee technical services provided by consultants and staff, including program documentation and funding procedures;
· In close coordination with the Director, MENA and Sr. Advisor, MEL, develop monitoring and evaluation plans (including indicators) and provide support and oversight for the implementation of those plans;
· Participate in the development, review and approval of program-specific work plans to align planned activities with CIVIC’s priorities and program objectives/results;
· Ensure timely submission of program deliverables and;
· Contribute to the drafting, review, and on-time submission of internal and external reporting for accuracy and consistency;
· Conduct site visits to ensure the quality of services provided by the program team are consistent with the program scope;
· Represent CIVIC at meetings, seminars, conferences, and other activity-related events, and analyze and report on them to the Director, MENA;
· Manage workflows of numerous programs while striving to find efficiencies in processes; and
· Maintain official files for programs.
New Business Development and Program Design
· Participate in the design of country/thematic programs;
· Develop/refine results frameworks and performance management plans, including indicators associated with new business initiatives, building on learning from existing programs;
· In close coordination with the Operations Team, estimate resource requirements for future programming using market-based approaches and historical pricing data from existing programs;
· Provide substantial input to the Director, MENA and Development Team for the preparation of any proposal submissions related to this region; and
· Be proactive in the identification of potential new programs, including opportunities to pilot new program approaches.