Afghanistan: Program Associate, Program Management, Kabul
About The Position
Center for Civilians in Conflict’s mission is to improve protection for civilians caught in conflicts around the world. We call on and advise international organizations, governments, militaries, and armed non-state actors to adopt and implement policies, tools, and training to prevent civilian harm. When civilians are harmed we advocate for the provision of amends and post-harm assistance. We bring the voices of civilians themselves to those making decisions affecting their lives.
CIVIC is seeking highly qualified applicants for the position of Program Associate, Program Management in Kabul, Afghanistan who will be an integral part of the CIVIC country program team reporting to the Afghanistan Program Manager and working closely with other staff members in Afghanistan and at HQ. The Associate will assist the country program team with programmatic tasks related to Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) and program management support for successful implementation of the project.
JOB PURPOSE: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning and Program Management support on civilian protection activities in Afghanistan.
LOCATION: Kabul, Afghanistan.
TRAVEL: As needed throughout the country.
REPORTING TO: Country Program Manager, Afghanistan.
STAFF REPORTING: N/A
· Assist Afghanistan team in development of MEL frameworks and data collection methods;
· Track, monitor, and support qualitative and quantitative data collection and perform basic analysis;
· Conduct data quality assurance checks;
· Assist in production of MEL reports for internal and external audiences, including program team and donors;
· Support program team with program management tasks including workplan development and tracking, drafting of internal and external narrative reports, financial monitoring, assistance on communications products, and other tasks as required;
· Provide logistical support as required to team for travel, trainings and workshops, and day-to-day activities as required;
· Assist with drafting and printing of materials for trainings and other technical activities;
· Maintain accurate electronic filing and folder structures to capture key documentation;
· Perform any other job-related duties assigned by the Country Director and Program Officers.
· Ability to meet short- to medium-term objectives and complete tasks on a deadline;
· Uses professional judgement, with regular guidance from supervisor;
· Experience delivering results and multitasking in conflict and/or high-stress environments; demonstrates poise, flexibility, and mature judgement in these environments;
- Knowledge, experience, and understanding of civilian protection issues in armed conflict;
· Experience having worked with a high-performance, collaborative, constructive team environment;
- Ability to travel within Afghanistan;
· Well organized, self-motivated, and able to conceptualize and implement tasks in stressful environments;
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· BA in international affairs, political science, or related area;
· 2-5 years of relevant work experience at a national and/or international NGOs, experience with design of MEL data collection and analysis tools highly preferred;
· Passion for CIVIC’s subject matter and willingness to take on the responsibilities and duties as a key member of our team;
· Knowledge of data analysis (qualitative and quantitative);
· Proficiency with range of computer applications, including use of the Internet, Microsoft Office Suite, and communications platforms (Slack, Google, etc);
· Strong written and verbal skills, ability to interact professionally with wide variety of individuals internal and external to the organization;
· Fluency in English, Dari, and Pashto written and spoken mandatory.
To apply please visit: https://civiliansinconflict.org/join-our-team/ and follow directions for the position.
Closing Date: July 9, 2019.