Program Associate, Aden, Yemen
About The Position
Center for Civilians in Conflict (CIVIC) is an international nonprofit with offices around the world working to improve protection for civilians caught in conflict zones. Our mission is to work with armed actors and civilians in conflict to develop and implement solutions to prevent, mitigate, and respond civilian harm. We are advocates who believe that no civilian caught in conflict should be ignored, and advisors who provide practical solutions to preventing and responding to civilian harm. Learn more at civiliansinconflict.org
The program associate, Aden will manage Yemen-related projects, providing technical research, project management, day-to-day operational support and financial management of the project. This position requires professionalism, strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to think logically and follow a process through to completion with minimal supervision.
Job Purpose: Provide project operational and technical management.
Location: Aden, Yemen
Travel: Up to 15% required (domestic)
Reporting to: Country Director, Yemen Program
Staff Reporting: N/A
- Independently manage one/many projects, including managing relevant documentation for projects, monitoring project cash flows, synthesizing large amounts of financial data, and communicating with clients and donors.
- Proposal assistance: copying, editing, formatting and distribution; takes part in proposal meeting and keeps relevant notes.
- Provide quantitative research support and analyze data to identify relevant finding and trends. Work closely with Program team to create deliverables for clients.
- Assist in the preparation of meeting materials, including data collection, preparation and assembly of materials.
- Support Country Director, Program Officer and other staff as needed for project MEL activities.
- Logistical support: arranging travel, both domestic and international, including flights, hotels, trains, and local transportation.
This position requires 2-4 years of similar experience; however, training will be provided. The successful candidate will have an active and curious mind, an ability and desire to learn new skills, strong writing skills including copy-editing, and a sense of humor.
Required qualifications include:
- Four-year degree or equivalent work experience
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff, Yemen government personnel, and the NGO community
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Capacity to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel)
- Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) strongly desired
This is a full-time, 1 year contract with the possibility of extension, depending on successful renewal of program.
To apply please send cover letter explaining your interest in CIVIC’s work, and your resume
Deadline: September 30, 2020
Resumes are reviewed on a rolling basis so please apply early.