Intern, MEL, Fall 2019
About The Position
Center for Civilians in Conflict is an international nonprofit with offices around the world working to improve protection for civilians caught in conflict zones. Our mission is to work with armed actors and civilians in conflict to develop and implement solutions to prevent, mitigate, and respond civilian harm. We are advocates who believe that no civilian caught in conflict should be ignored, and advisors who provide practical solutions to preventing and responding to civilian harm. Learn more at civiliansinconflict.org
This internship is open to current graduate level students or those who have recently completed graduate studies. The intern will report to CIVIC’s Senior Advisor for Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning.
- Internship duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Support development and implementation of CIVIC’s MEL plan;
- Work closely with business development team to provide MEL inputs for proposals;
- Work directly with program team to develop targeted surveys to capture baseline/endline data of participant knowledge of and/or skills in the workshop curriculum;
- Draft project data collection tools;
- Support project teams to track program progress toward project indicators;
- Support project staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture program progress;
- Collaborate with project teams to draft routine and ad-hoc reports;
- Support project teams on data collection and data quality assessments; and
- Analyzes M&E information for both programs to provide recommendations for program optimization based on end user feedback.
Applicants should be flexible and have confidence in handling multiple tasks, as well as the ability to work independently. Applicants are expected to have excellent writing and research skills and should anticipate using these skills frequently. Graduate level course work in monitoring and evaluation, project design, statistics, international development, or related topics required. Experience with data analysis software packages a plus. Interns will be expected to maintain a level of confidentiality and discretion when working with sensitive information.
Minimum Time Requirement: This is a full-time internship and interns should be available for a period of at least four months, beginning in either September 2019.