Ukraine: Project Coordinator, Kramatorsk
About The Position
Center for Civilians in Conflict is an international nonprofit with offices around the world working to improve protection for civilians caught in conflict zones. Our mission is to work with armed actors and civilians in conflict to develop and implement solutions to prevent, mitigate, and respond civilian harm. We are advocates who believe that no civilian caught in conflict should be ignored, and advisors who provide practical solutions to preventing and responding to civilian harm. Learn more at civiliansinconflict.org
CIVIC is expanding its presence in Ukraine and is looking for highly-motivated professionals to join the organization Ukraine country program.
PROJECT COORDINATOR, KRAMATORSK
Work with the Program Manager, and CIVIC Ukraine Program team to ensure successful implementation of projects within the Ukraine portfolio. This includes coordination and information management, administrative and logistical support ensuring CIVIC regional presence (pro)actively contributes to success of the project. The Project Coordinator will work closely with the Senior Protection Officer to serve as a local interface to CIVIC beneficiaries, partners and interlocutors in the eastern Ukrainian regions of Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts, including to the locally deployed/stationed military units and other defense & security sector actors. He or she will be the primary administrative focal point for CIVIC in the region.
Location: Kramatorsk, Ukraine
Travel: 25% of time, mostly in the east of Ukraine and sometimes to Kyiv
Reporting to: Program Manager
Staff reporting: None
- Manage the administrative aspects of CIVIC work in eastern Ukraine, ensure smooth functioning of the regional office, and timely and coordinated execution of the operations in the region.
- Monitor the operating environment in the Donbas conflict theater to inform CIVIC decision-making and project implementation strategies.
- Collect updates on security situation in the assigned region, communicate them to the Country Director.
- Liaise with the regionally present uniformed agencies, including the military, interior and state security forces, on regular basis to inform them about CIVIC activities in the region and secure their support.
- In close coordination with the Senior Protection Officer, liaise with civilian authorities, including local government and administrations, national government representatives in the area, on regular basis to support the community-based protection component of CIVIC’s Ukraine Program.
- Upon request, support the Military Engagement Officer or any other team member to liaise with civilian authorities, including local government and administrations, national government representatives in the area to support CIVIC’s training and Policy CIVIC’s Ukraine program.
- Make logistical and transportation arrangements for CIVIC travel and project activities, prepare, help organize and conduct meetings and project events in the region.
- Maintain and update files and documentation, maintain physical assets of the regional office.
- Perform other duties as required to further the organization’s mission and goals in the region.
- Advanced university degree is preferred.
- Willingness and experience working with security forces and conflict-affected civilians.
- Knowledge of the region, understanding of the conflict context
- Networking skills and cultural awareness for working with the target groups.
- Interest in civilian protection issues in armed conflict and understanding of the politico-military and humanitarian discourses.
- At least 2 years of experience in administrative management and logistics.
- Well organized, with a high degree of mobility, able to follow accurately and consistently work plans and regulations, and to execute complex tasks at pace in stressful environments.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Well organized, self-motivated, and able to conceptualize and implement programs in stressful environments.
- Experience in representing organizations in sensitive environments, ability to maintain neutrality and impartiality in line with the organization’s mission.
- English, Ukrainian, Russian fluency mandatory.