Ukraine: Program Assistant
About The Position
Center for Civilians in Conflict is an international nonprofit with offices around the world working to improve protection for civilians caught in conflict zones. Our mission is to work with armed actors and civilians in conflict to develop and implement solutions to prevent, mitigate, and respond civilian harm. We are advocates who believe that no civilian caught in conflict should be ignored, and advisors who provide practical solutions to preventing and responding to civilian harm. Learn more at civiliansinconflict.org
CIVIC is expanding its presence in Ukraine and is looking for highly-motivated professionals to join the organization Ukraine country program.
Reporting to Program Manager, the Program Assistant will be responsible for a variety of tasks including managing organizational events, coordinating travel and itineraries, drafting correspondence, attending meetings and drafting minutes, maintaining office smooth operations: initiate purchasing of office supplies, arranging for IT support etc. The incumbent will also perform accounting functions in line with the HQ accounting system and requirements of the Ukraine legislation.
This position requires professionalism, strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to think logically and follow a process through to completion with minimal supervision.
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Travel: 10% of time, mostly to east of Ukraine
Reporting to: Program Manager
Staff reporting: None
- Coordinate travel arrangements, lodging, and planning for project team.
- Manage relevant documentation for projects, monitor project cash flows in line with HQ accounting system, synthesize large amounts of financial data.
- Ensure smooth running of Kyiv office: liaise with the landlord, purchase office supplies, provide IT support, maintain close relationships with the outsourced accountant to maintain proper financial documentation.
- Lead procurement processes: develop task orders, conduct price comparison, draft contracts for purchase of materials, equipment and/or services.
- Coordinate/prepare reports, agendas, presentations and other materials for senior management; ensuring advanced distribution as required.
- Arrange for meetings and conferences with outside parties and provide research for external meetings.
- Perform other relevant duties as organizational needs dictate.
- Four-year degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years of similar experience; however, training will be provided.
- Familiarity with accounting systems is mandatory.
- Active and curious mind, an ability and desire to learn new skills, strong writing skills including copy-editing.
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff.
- Capacity to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel).
- Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.), Dropbox and Slack are strongly desired.
- Good oral skills to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ukraine and English language fluency is required.