Associate, Finance & Field Operations
About The Position
Center for Civilians in Conflict (CIVIC) seeks to fill the position of Associate, Finance & Field Operations
· Job Type Full time
· Experience 2 - 4 years
· Location. Maiduguri, Borno
· Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Contract Term: 2 years renewable
Center for Civilians in Conflict is an international nonprofit with offices around the world working to improve protection for civilians caught in conflict zones. Our mission is to work with armed actors and civilians in conflict to develop and implement solutions to prevent, mitigate, and respond civilian harm. We are advocates who believe that no civilian caught in conflict should be ignored, and advisors who provide practical solutions to preventing and responding to civilian harm. Learn more at civiliansinconflict.org
We are looking for an Associate, Finance and Field Operations for a donor funded project in Borno. Northeast Nigeria. The Associate will be responsible for supporting our day-to-day transactions, including expenses and payroll, including processing payments, maintaining cost reports and managing invoices. The candidate is expected to be a part of the procurement team to strengthen controls in accordance with CIVIC and donor procedures.
The post-holder provides key support to several functions within the team including, but not limited to project financial management, Grants, aiding the Project Manager on programmatic and general administrative tasks.
SCOPE OF WORK/PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
REPORTING & SUPERVISION
The position will report to the Project Manager.
- Prepares monthly statements by collecting data; analyzing and investigating variances; summarizing data, information, and trends.
- Support the coordination of relevant project BvA processes.
- Prepares state quarterly and annual statements by assembling data.
- Complies with state and federal tax filing requirements by studying regulations; adhering to requirements; advising management on required actions; calculating quarterly estimated tax payments; assembling data for quarterly and annual tax filings.
- Responds to financial inquiries by gathering, analyzing, summarizing, and interpreting data.
- Provides financial advice by studying operational issues; applying financial principles and practices; developing recommendations.
- Prepares special reports by studying variances; preparing budgets; developing forecasts.
- Updates project knowledge by keeping current with financial regulations and accepted practices;.
- Accomplishes finance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
· Tracking grants spend and provide relevant data for decision making
· Support the creation of a good award file system ( electronic and hard copies)
· Maintain an updated program equipment, tools and accessories in liaison with Logistic and Admin including those of program partners supported by CIVIC.
· Support, planning and programming work to be done quarterly in reference to the workplans
· Support the upholding the donor rules and regulation/compliance issues
Required Skills & Qualifications:
· Minimum of first degree or HND in Finance, Accounting or Economics
· Prior NGO experience 2 – 4 years within a complex /large scale country program
- Must have completed NYSC
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work proactively and flexibly alongside a wide range of team members A flexible approach to work, with understanding of team working in a rapidly changing environment and at times under extreme pressure
· Ability to solve problems, work under own initiative and see tasks through to completion
· Work experience as a Finance Assistant, Finance Officer or similar role
· Good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
· Advanced MS Excel skills (creating spreadsheets and using financial functions)
· Familiarity with accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks)
· Organizational and time-management skills
· Attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors
· Proven organisational and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
· Strong numeracy skills and experience of tracking and monitoring budgets; budget planning, phasing, forecasting and reporting experience; experience of working to tight budgets
- Ability to reside/travel frequently within the activity locations
· Understanding of and commitment to development work
Duration : 2 years renewable.
- LGAs to be identified within Borno State
Closing date: 6th September, 2019 @11.59pm