Community Engagement Associate
About The Position
Center for Civilians in Conflict (CIVIC) seeks to fill the role of Community Engagement Associate
· Job Type Full time
· Qualification Minimum of B.Sc, or HND
· Experience 2 - 4 years
· Field Location. Borno
· Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Contract Term: 2 years, renewable
Center for Civilians in Conflict is an international nonprofit with offices around the world working to improve protection for civilians caught in conflict zones. Our mission is to work with armed actors and civilians in conflict to develop and implement solutions to prevent, mitigate, and respond civilian harm. We are advocates who believe that no civilian caught in conflict should be ignored, and advisors who provide practical solutions to preventing and responding to civilian harm. Learn more at civiliansinconflict.org
We are looking for a Community Engagement Associate to ensure commitment and involvement of local authorities and community members in the Program; and support the development and empowerment of community protection committees and ensure their participation, sustainability of their actions, as well as ensuring that the voices of community members, including women and children are heard.
The Community engagement associate’s roles will include training, facilitation of meetings between security forces and communities as well as implementation of activities that will specifically target Women and people living with disability. They will be responsible for program reporting, monitoring and documentation at community level.
SCOPE OF WORK/PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Community Engagement Associate be responsible for the day to day support, supervision and mentoring to the protection committees in the various communities. The community engagement associate will be responsible for community level advocacy to key stakeholders, Civil-Military relations meetings, reporting and monitoring of meetings and other activities of the protection committees.
REPORTING & SUPERVISION
The community engagement associate will report and be supervised by the Senior Snr. Project Officer and have dotted lines to the Manager, Community Engagement.
- Develop a community mobilisation strategy in collaboration with the team and ensure implementation
- Train and mentor Local consultants – Community support
- In collaboration with the rest of the programme team prepare and facilitate trainings
- Participate in the preparation or review of programme monitoring and evaluation tools where necessary
- Ensure correct use of programme monitoring and evaluation (recording) tools, including analysis
- Develop good knowledge of local and national government structures, parliamentary and political processes and key decision making structures and how to influence them.
- Identify policy and practice change, on the basis of CIVIC’s experience, that would promote and protect civilians and mitigate harm to them in conflict.
- Support in formulating key advocacy messages and targets from lessons learned, assessments, research and evidence gained through project implementation on civilian protection.
- Actively participate in relevant community level and CSO Coalition driven activities in the target field locations
- Engage with the state and local governments in policies review when needed
- Prepare monthly reports of activities carried out
- Responsible for ensuring relevan reporting and filling of results journal.
- Support new LGA assessments and lead entry engagements